EU Spore Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EU Spore Discussion

For Spore off topic chat's and RP'ing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spore Galactic Adventures - Update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcolon
Admin
Marcolon

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Spore Galactic Adventures - Update Empty
PostSubject: Spore Galactic Adventures - Update   Spore Galactic Adventures - Update Empty21st March 2009, 19:13

A few things that you may not know of at this point has been cofirmed and released.
So i thought it would be a good idea to share them here:

Ability to enter buildings confirmed:
http://sporedum.net/2009/02/14/spore-galactic-adventures-ability-to-walk-into-buildings/

Galactic adventures FAQ:
http://sporedum.net/spore-expansion-galactic-adventure/galactic-adventures-faq/

BoxShot:
Spore Galactic Adventures - Update Uk_spore_galacticadventures_box

Official Release for USA: 23rd june (confirmed by maxis)

Some more on what you can do from MaxisCactus:
Quote :
MaxisCactus wrote:
Quote :
Tutthoth wrote:
Ok, so I could (in theory) create a mission:

STARGATE

Journey to the planet called abydos witha yellow surface and defeat the Goa'uld there.

Cool.

Tutthoth, yep that sounds very doable!

What you really control in the design on your mission is the planet, and what's on it.

You can create a boss NPC called the Goa'uld, that has to be defeated. You can color the planet's surface yellow.

When the mission is assigned by an empire to another player, that player will have to journey to the planet to engage in the mission, but you as the designer won't be able to choose where in the galaxy the planet you've created shows up.

Just keep in mind that you should avoid making content based on copyrighted material.

Quote :
MaxisCactus wrote:
In studio, we've found that finding just the right creation to use in the particular mission you're making is a really cool part of creating an adventure.

I generally use tags to search the spore.com sporepedia to find just the right thing I'm looking for, such as a bridge, a cool tower, or a cool set of ancient mythological creatures for an epic battle

(Thanks to all those who tagged their mythology contest entries - these guys look awesome in GA!)

When Galactic Adventures comes out, players will be looking for all the right creations to incorporate into their particular missions.

If you're interested in your creations getting a lot of exposure, I suggest you start tagging them now so that they're ready for all those adventure creators searching tags for just the right creation.

@Foedawg: You can make buildings float. That combined with the fact that you can walk on/in buildings makes for some really cool gameplay opportunities (jump puzzles, dizzyingly high tracks, etc...)

@Dragonseye: Sorry, wish I had more I could tell you guys on the release date.

@ Jonasaur: I'm on the web/pollination team helping with online features. I'm not sure what you're referring to by "Equipment Editor". You can add all kinds of cool captain parts to your creatures that give them awesome abilities, if that's what you mean. That's in the captain outfitter.

There are accessories you can add to your creature to boost defensivenes, and you can set an NPC's hp in the adventures.

.... in GA you'll be able to scroll finished creations up/down using the mousewheel to make them colossally big or tiny.

Pretty fun stuff. Especially making epics out of all the best creations.

-MC
-Marc Cool
Back to top Go down
https://sporerpg.forumotion.co.uk
superandy
Creature
Creature
superandy

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Spore Galactic Adventures - Update   Spore Galactic Adventures - Update Empty22nd March 2009, 07:54

looks great! I think the box art is really impressive- much better than the C&C one anywaqy
Itys good to see that we're finally getting some information Razz
Back to top Go down
Deza007
Tribesman
Tribesman
Deza007

Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Spore Galactic Adventures - Update   Spore Galactic Adventures - Update Empty22nd March 2009, 08:01

Cheers for informing us!
Back to top Go down
Marcolon
Admin
Marcolon

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Spore Galactic Adventures - Update   Spore Galactic Adventures - Update Empty22nd March 2009, 09:02

NP! I shall return with more very soon!
Back to top Go down
https://sporerpg.forumotion.co.uk
Deza007
Tribesman
Tribesman
Deza007

Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Spore Galactic Adventures - Update   Spore Galactic Adventures - Update Empty22nd March 2009, 09:32

YAY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spore Galactic Adventures - Update   Spore Galactic Adventures - Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Spore Galactic Adventures - Update
Page 1 of 1